Thursday, December 11, 2008

Down but not out...

I've been having pains in my back for awhile now. I took a pretty hard fall about 10 months ago, and since then, my mornings avail a stiff lower back, and my afternoons, a tense, numbing upper shoulder area.
Finally, after fighting a losing battle, I took her advice and got some x-rays done. A day later I got a call from my chiropractor and this was the synopsis:
1.I have developed scoliosis.
2.I've had three fused upper verterba since before I was born onto earth. That leaves me with two less disks to suck up any compression.
3.About 10 months ago, the initial fall caused a compression fracture on my T-10 vertebra. Not having a clue of the internal situation, I've not only been mobile but I've been riding on it for that long. Luckily, over the past ten months, that old crack has filled up with calcium.

My doctor's advice? "I know you're not going to stop riding so be careful."

Scary, right?


-He said

No comments: