Saturday, August 2, 2008

The 4th of July in Milwaukee!

Over the 4th of July weekend, I headed up to Milwaukee with the Madera team. Madera is our subsidiary company at Profile, and the team is (like the Profile team) made up of a bunch of my friends...one of the many really rewarding things about being a team manager.
So the trip started pretty rough. I left on a Wednesday, arriving at the airport a couple hours early hoping to get everything checked in and leaving a little time for me to relax.
1st problem: For the first time in 8 years, I was charged for my bike bag, -$80
2nd problem: My flight was delayed.
3rd problem: Once the plane arrived, a storm decided to arrive as well delaying my flight almost another hour and a half.
4th problem: The plane did not have air conditioning.
5th problem: I arrived to my connecting flight an hour after it had taken off.
6th problem: No more connecting flights at that hour, so I had to sleep in the airport.
7th problem: Airtran's staff was really unhelpful and unfriendly.
Verdict: Airtran sucks.
Solution: Don't be cheap, upgrade to an airline that doesn't consistently blow it. So I made it to Milwaukee July 3rd. On the 4th, we celebrated the birth of this great nation by lighting my friend Mike's yard on fire.

On Saturday the 5th, we took a day trip to Chicago. My friend Kevin Porter was our tour guide not only for spots to ride/film, but was our beacon to good food.
Atomic cafe...Vegan Ruben with a vegan chili with cheese!

For some reason I look like a little kid in this photo. Maybe it's because I ride a little kids bike?
Downtown Chicago.

My friend Dave McDermott and me. I've travelled all over with this guy...Chicago skyline.This is a monument/fountain that we found in a suburb of Chicago. We were amazed that someone would contruct this...

Just in case you didn't believe it in the first photo, here it is again. And to highlight its audacity, let me help: "Shit fountain."

Kevin told me about a vegan fast food restaurant. I was in disbelief until we made it there right before closing time. "Veggie bite" is the name, it's by no means healthy food, just decadent vegan junk!
I celebrated with a meatless Philly Cheese Steak and a giant non-dairy ice cream cone.
Back in Milwaukee I had my friend John take this photo in front of 4 Seasons skatepark. The photo turned out crappy, but it was more to create a visual that I was standing in front of the old chocolate factory that Jeffrey Dahmer worked at...Creepy to say the least.
-He Said.

No comments: